It’s the summer of 1994 in the small Cuban village of Siboney, during the migratory crisis with the United States. Sugar (25), has only ten days to convince both public prosecutor Fernando Montenegro (45) and her defense attorney Patricia Mejías (24) that she is not guilty of murder.
- Mantis’Nest (Nido de Mantis). Cuba 2018
- Director: Arturo Sotto Díaz
- Writer: Arturo Sotto Díaz
- Cast: Caleb Casas, Luis Alberto García, Armando Miguel Gómez
- When: April 20, 2019, 8:00pm, Regent Theatre, Toronto
- Where: Regent Theatre (551 Mt. Pleasant Rd. Toronto)
At Cineforum│Lataff, Latin American films and documentaries are screened followed often by open discussions managed by film directors, producers, actors, and/or Latin American Film Festival, Lataff, staff. It’s a great opportunity to get to know the Latin American culture, language and the art of film making from such an important worldwide film community members.